SOCIETY FOR FAMILY HEALTH
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organization’s in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, Children Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), Novartis NCD, among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. At this time, we seek to recruit qualified persons to fill the under listed vacant positions, in response to our organizational growth.
Position: Clinical Psychologist - Gombe, Kwara, Plateau, Oyo
Contract Duration: 26 Months Contract
The officer provides psychological assessment, diagnosis and individual, group, and family therapy, case management services, referral, and follow-up to acute, chronic, or moderately disturbed mentally ill clients and/or patients, and consultation with outside facilities and/or agencies in the One Stop Shops (OSS).
Job-role: The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Diagnoses or evaluates mental and emotional disorders of individuals and administers programs of treatment; interviews patients in OSS and other settings and studies medical and social case histories.
- Observes patients in various situations; selects, administers, and interprets intelligence, personality, or other psychological tests to diagnose disorders and formulate plans of treatment, and provides consultation to other mental health professionals with regard to test results.
- Treats psychological disorders to effect improved adjustments utilizing various psychological techniques; selects appropriate treatment approach and plans frequency, intensity, and duration of individual, group, and family therapies.
- Assesses patient progress and modifies treatment programs accordingly; communicates with and counsels’ family members as appropriate.
- Documents therapy in accordance with policies and procedures regarding medical records; implements and adheres to policies which ensure patient confidentiality.
- Provides crisis intervention in situations requiring immediate psychological treatment.
- Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings, clinician meetings, and workshops to enhance professional development and maintain currency of methodology and techniques.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A trained Psychologist with a degree in Psychology
- Basic Knowledge of HIV program
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years’ post NYSC experience
- Knowledge of Global Fund operations and Global Health Initiatives.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
- Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills.
- Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and to make individual modifications.
- Experience with and proven ability to work with Key populations
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to assess mental status in clients and to develop individual treatment goals and plans.
- Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
Skills and competencies:
- Patient psychological management skills
- Understanding and acceptability of the key population community
- Knowledge of the national HIV prevention and treatment guideline
- Planning and organizational skills
- Leadership and positive influence
- Good communicational skills
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should log on to our website at www.sfhnigeria.org and click on vacancy, click on careers @SFH, click on the advertised job suitable to you, and you will be transferred to a new page to apply. Follow the instruction and a confirmation mail will be sent to you upon completion of your application. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
This advert will close by Friday, September 30, 2022. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.