SOCIETY FOR FAMILY HEALTH
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organization in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
An emerging pan African organization, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society and country levels. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen. You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment. We are a truly Nigerian rooted organization with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant positions, in response to organizational expansion.
Position Required: Manager – Monitoring & Evaluation
Job Profile: This position supports project development and implementation by tracking deliverables using appropriate M&E tools and processes. S/he will assist the Project Director in ensuring sound project planning, monitoring and evaluation of progress and technical reporting and provide leadership for project evaluations, action planning and performance reporting to donor and other stakeholders.
Job role: The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provide clear guidance for M&E data management processes that will enable systematic collection, collation, processing, analysis, and interpretation and use of data.
- Help define a list of core indicators that enables tracking of progress among different interventions and sub-population groups and collect data on project activities and results and assess the quantity and quality of achievements of targets.
- Lead on data visualization and generation of high-level analytics to shape project implementation and delivery of impact.
- Establish clear information flow channels between the different implementation levels, donors, and stakeholders.
- Develop a plan for strengthening the capacity of staff and other implementing partners on monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Make a quarterly report to the Project Manager which summarises progress against key output indicators at the project level, with discussion of any specific progress issues as need be.
- Facilitate the regular conduct of data quality audits to verify and authenticate data emanating from the project field activities.
- Support the project team to document best practices and lessons learned from implementation of the project.
- A Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Demography, Anthropology, Social Work, Epidemiology, Public Health, or related field of study.
- Must possess at least seven (7) years post-NYSC working experience in project monitoring and evaluation in public health/nutrition or any large social sector programs.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of M&E techniques and methodologies including knowledge of conducting operations research, household surveys and qualitative assessments, data analysis, data management and interpretation and reporting.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting.
- Previous experience in a donor-funded environment, NGO or good understanding of international donor rules and regulations will be an added advantage with ability to manage deliverables within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Experience in mixed-methods research (qualitative and quantitative) across various study designs and ability to use standard M&E and analytical tools and software such as Stata, SPSS, MS Excel etc.
- Conversant with the culture and working environment in preferred location.
Skills and Competencies required
- Must possess an impeccable level of integrity.
- Must possess advanced quantitative and analytical skills.
- Must possess the ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Must possess strong report writing and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Must possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organise, and manage resources for the successful completion of projects.
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
This vacancy closes two weeks from the date of publication.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.