Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organizations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill the under listed vacant positions, in response to our organizational growth.
Position: Triage Nurse - OSS
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire (11 months)
Location(s): Abia, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Plateau, Oyo, Jigawa, Sokoto, and Kebbi States (1 position each)
Job Profile: The functionality and operation of these OSS requires a comprehensive HIV services including Nursing Services, which will in turn require a trained and certified Triage Nurse. The Nurse will be responsible for clinical triage and related services at the OSS in line with good clinical practice.
Job-role: The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provision of comprehensive triage (in-clinic and/or mobile) and clinical assessment services to clients resulting in safe and appropriate clinical decisions that reflect their healthcare needs.
- Initiate appropriate nursing interventions (e.g. first aid and emergency interventions) to improve client outcomes and secure the safety of clients and clinic staff, facilitate the triage process using clinical knowledge and appropriate interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy and understanding.
- Work closely with the cART team and OSS staff in ensuring smooth implementation of community/facility-based ART, PrEP, STI and TB service to key population.
- Conduct brief clinical assessments that determine the clinical urgency of the clients’ presenting health concerns and culminate with the allocation of a care category, which determines the time and sequence in which they receive services.
- Assist the clinical supervisor in providing HIV prevention, care and treatment services at the OSS and community.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from projects related to nursing component of HIV comprehensive services for Key populations.
- Must possess a Bachelors’ degree in Nursing or completion of an accredited nursing programme.
- Must possess minimum of 3 years’ post-NYSC experience in nursing practice including the practice of triage
- Possession of advanced training in Nursing would be an added advantage.
- Experience in maintaining accurate computerized triage assessment records is an advantage.
- Previous experience in HIV/AIDS, TB or Malaria program
- Good knowledge of the concept of public health program in Nigeria
Skills and Competencies required
- Excellent skills in Clinical Nursing services.
- Experience with the clinical management of HIV, OIs and other related conditions, as well as community education, advocacy, and mobilization skills.
- Good relationship management/ interpersonal skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and be able to function independently on the job whenever necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on patients’ medical records
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Can speak some local language in state of implementation
- Ability to Multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
These vacancies close two weeks from the date of publication.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Persons resident in the States where the roles are situated are also encouraged to apply accordingly.