Award and Compliance Officer – (based in Abuja)
- 03 Apr 2020
- Abuja, Nigeria
- Finance & Accounts
Position: Award and Compliance Officer – (based in Abuja)
Job-role: The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Develop, coordinate and implement plans for the control and monitoring to ensure compliance with operational and project budget.
- Prepare consolidated financial reports for review and dissemination within the stipulated timeframe.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Ensure timely dissemination of new donor rules, regulations and policies, and monitoring of implementation and compliance.
- Monitor implementation of finance service standards.
- Ensure update and application of documented policies and procedures for finance operations.
- Oversee the timely preparation, review, approval and submission of all internal financial reporting requirements for the projects, including month-end closing and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation, approval and submission of all donor financial reports in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements.
- Prepare monthly burn rate report and management accounts.
- Review postings for accuracy and stepping down funds for the field.
- Ensure that all project financial documents are orderly and completed scanned and filed by periodic call over-exercise
- Must possess BSC /HND in Accounting or any related field of study.
- Possession of a recognised professional accounting qualification – ACA or ACCA or other professional bodies is an added advantage.
- Must possess four (4) years’ experience in Accounting, Finance and Risk Management. This must be inclusive of a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a multi-donor organisation.
- Knowledge of USAID financial guidelines and cost principles is a Must.
Skills and competency required
- Sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to analyse financial matters, resolve issues promptly and accurately.
- Grant financial management skill.
- Must have a continuous drive for learning and knowledge sharing.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate-level office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and database.
Hands-on experience using an ERP (SAP) or financial management MIS will an added advantage.